Terms and conditions of all warranty claims to Zyxel within Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
Legal Warranty Policy
- Zyxel warranty covers the provided device with all accessories. It is granted to all parts of our products, which show a defect during normal usage and operation because of a production fault, unless the user has regarded the manual and kept the product on actual soft- or firmware version. Products Modules and Service Parts (such as power modules and filter or fan trays), which can be maintained by customer, are not included in this warranty.
- Zyxel offers the full warranty service to the end user of the product.
- Zyxel will fulfill the warranty terms by
- Repair of the claimed defect
- Swap of the defect product with same or better product
- Replace of the defect product by follow up product with better or equal features
- Zyxel covers all cost of spare parts and technical repair, incl. shipment costs to the provided return address within the customer warranty claim, but not the shipment costs from customer to the RMA collect point. All local laws and regulations are covered and fulfilled by Zyxel Service Providers.
- In case a part or a product is replaced by Zyxel, this respective part will become ownership of Zyxel. Therefore the Zyxel Service Center informs customer about the processing of the individual claim.
- Zyxel is allowed to update or revise the device during the repair process, to guarantee the device is on latest release versions. Customers cannot legal claim this update.
- Zyxel will not be liable in any way for the loss of data stored on Zyxel products and any damage caused by this.
Zyxel offers a standard warranty period of 24 months from date of purchase to end customers unless specified in these Terms and Conditions or in this document. To offer the full warranty service in the promised lead time and conditions, the customer is advised to provide proof of the purchase by invoice from their dealer. A warranty service by Zyxel does not extend or renew the warranty period of the product, unless local regulations require this. The warranty period does not renew when device is resold onto a second end user. Special warranty conditions offered by local Zyxel organization are only valid in the respective area and will not have influence of warranty terms and conditions in other sales areas.
Warranty claim conditions
- If a Zyxel product shows an error covered by warranty conditions, customer has to claim the warranty immediately to the local Zyxel service center. Please use this document for more options.
- Damages during transport, visible on the cargo box (ex. Carton or housing is impacted) are not covered by Zyxel warranty. Recipient has to claim them within 48 hours to the sender and the forwarder. Hidden damages the recipient has to claim when discover them, latest tree business days after reception towards forwarder and sender. Read more.
- Customer has to arrange shipment of devices to the collect point or service center under DDP (Delivery and Duty Paid) and cover regulations applied to shipments within EU or to Non-EU countries. Local regulations that grant the right to return devices free of charge to Zyxel are not affected by this regulation. Read more.
- Zyxel accepts warranty claims only if customer has registered the device with the service or hand over a copy of the purchase invoice to receive standard warranty.
- Zyxel denies handling claims that are not covered by the respective warranty and may charge costs for handling and shipment to the causing party.
Dead on Arrival Policy (valid from 01.11.2018 in EU** countries)
Zyxel will treat all defects covered by our warranty policy as D.O.A. within 30 days after purchasing the product from an official dealer. If customer chooses to contact Zyxel RMA department, Zyxel will process the claim as DOA with an advanced swap service of the product and a free return shipment voucher to our nearest service center. To proof that the device is dead on arrival, the customer need to get a confirmation from the Zyxel Support team about the defect and provide the purchase invoice.
(**Valid in Austria, Belgium, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom)
Limited Lifetime Warranty
On defined Zyxel Business products Zyxel offer an extension to the Standard Warranty defined in these terms as Limited lifetime Warranty. Limited Lifetime warranty is defined as the Lifetime of the product from when the product is launched and first supplied to customers in the EU Region until the product End of Life (EOL) announcement is made upon the local Zyxel Website. The Business products will then be supported for a further 5 years after the EOL announcement is made by the EU Zyxel Service Centre.
In the event of an issue with a Zyxel Business product – the customer must contact the appropriate Zyxel service Centre for assistance. In the event that the product needs to be replaced and is approved under the warranty terms, Zyxel will raise an RMA number. The Zyxel Service Centre will then dispatch the hardware to the reseller/customer in advance. The aim is to advance replace the faulty unit with a suitable replacement of the same type or similar features within 10 working days. Zyxel do not guarantee that the replacement unit is a new product. The reseller customer is then responsible for the return of the faulty item to the Zyxel Service Centre.
Extended Warranty Terms by Product Group
3 years warranty for Products assigned to specific campaigns, (ex. Bestseller)
5 years for unmanaged Switches, Security and Ethernet Connection Product group.
Limited Lifetime warranty on Switches ES/GS/1XXX, ES/GS2XXX, ES-3XXX, XGS- and M series, Business WLAN >3000 and NXC series.
Please find more details of the products covered by each warranty terms here.
1. Obtaining an RMA number
2. Package and Delivery
a) Returned products have to be packaged properly to avoid damage during delivery. This is the sole responsibility of the customer. Zyxel will not hold responsibility for any damage and delivery of the product.
b) DOA products qualify for complete replacement and have to be returned with all accessories and user documentation that were included in the original purchase.
c) Please return only the defective RMA products. Non-defective accessories of RMA items (such as power supply, user documentation, or cables) should not be returned. If replacement is required, the supplied item will be either a refurbished unit or a new unit dependent upon availability.
d) The customer is responsible for the shipping costs to Zyxel, whilst Zyxel pays for the shipping of the returned unit to the customer.
e) The RMA unit must be sent with the RMA number on the outside of the packaging and a copy of the RMA form inside. If the unit is returned without an RMA number the unit will not be accepted.
f) Returned products need to be sent to the Zyxel Service Center provided in the RMA request confirmation. This confirmation will be provided from the RMA system on RMA request.
3. Repair and Replacement
a) The repair engineer will repair the defect as described by the customer. The product will also be tested to ensure it is in proper working order.
b) If the fault cannot be repaired a replacement will be distributed. If an identical model is not available an equivalent model will be sent in its place.
c) When the product is returned repaired, this will be accompanied with an engineers report with the original fault, findings and repair details.
4. Return Package and Shipping
a) RMA personnel will properly pack the repaired RMA product along with a packing slip.
b) The customer will receive email notification of the product RMA number, shipping date, and tracking number.
Any further questions about the RMA service can be answered by the customer service team of your country. Read more.
5. Pre-Swap Service (Service type "Professional")
a) Zyxel RMA service will provide an advanced swap device for business products (See details)
b) RMA requester can swap the unit onsite and return the defect device within 10 business days back to the service center under same conditions as described above.
c) If the device does not return within the allowed period, Zyxel will send out reminders to request immediate reaction from the RMA requester.
d) Zyxel Service center will send an invoice and charge the product and service costs to the RMA requester if the device is not received back after 30 days from date of RMA creation.
(Version April 2014) All rights reserved by Zyxel Communication A/S, Denmark.