Wondering how to upgrade the firmware on your VMG? Not any longer! This video will guide you through the processes needed for this task!
- Download the Firmware-Zip-File for your VMG-model from our FTP-Server and extract the ZIP-file: ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/
- Log in to the unit by entering its IP address and the credentials for an admin account (by default, username is “admin”, password is “1234”)
- Navigate to Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade and click “Choose File” under the “Upgrade Firmware” section
- Navigate in your file system to your VMG firmware file in the .bin format, perform a double click on I and click “Upload” in the VMGs web GUI
- After waiting until the upload is finished, you will see on-screen that your device is rebooting. Please wait five to ten minutes before refreshing the page and logging in to your device again
- To verify if your firmware upgrade is successful, please click the “Status” icon on the “Network Map Screen“
Please note: When you have problems to access or login into the web GUI again, we would recommend to delete your browser cache and cookies and maybe also try the private / incognito mode of your web browser.