Wondering how to upgrade the firmware on your VMG? Not any longer!
This article will guide you through the process needed for this task!
- Please contact the support team (support.zyxel.eu) for the firmware of your VMG.
- Log in to the unit by entering its IP address and the credentials for an admin account (by default, the username is “admin”, the password is “1234”)
- Navigate to Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade and click “Choose File” under the “Upgrade Firmware” section
- Navigate in your file system to your VMG firmware file in the .bin format, perform a double click on it and click “Upload” in the VMGs web GUI
- After waiting until the upload is finished, you will see on-screen that your device is rebooting. Please wait five to ten minutes before refreshing the page and log in to your device again
When you have problems accessing or login into the web GUI again, we would recommend deleting your browser cache and cookies and maybe also try the private/incognito mode of your web browser.
Be aware the interface of newer VMG models may differ from the one in the video linked below.