This video is part of a series on how to configure VLAN on different Zyxel units. This video will explain step by step how to configure a USG device in order to communicate via VLAN subnet.
Please refer to the video to see a graphical topology. This article will focus on the configuration of the USG and set up a tagged VLAN interface on port 4:
- Log in to the unit by entering IP address and the credentials for an admin account ( by default, username is “admin”, password is “1234” )
- Navigate to Configuration > Interface, click on the tab “VLAN” and click “Add”
- As this VLAN interface will be in your LAN zone, please choose “Internal” as your “Interface Type”, choose a fitting “Interface Name” like “VLAN11”, choose a desired LAN zone and Base Port and
- Type in “VLAN ID” 11 so that it matches with your “Interface Name”
- Choose a desired “IP address” that is not conflicting with your already existing subnets
- You can setup a DHCP server if desired
After clicking “OK” the VLAN is already set up. Packets with the VLAN tag 11 should now being forwarded from a connected switch for example.
Please note: It is only possible to configure tagged VLANs on USG ports!