If you have never upgraded the firmware of your professional Zyxel networking device, please stick to this tutorial to backup your configuration and upload the firmware image.
2. Navigate to "Devices Management >Firmware Download" and choose your model
3. Extract the downloaded zip-file after the download
4. Access your device by entering its IP address in the browser address line and login by using the device’s credential
5. (Best Practice) Navigate to Maintenance > File Manager > Configuration File and copy the startup-config.conf and rename it
6. Enter the Maintenance > File Manager > Firmware Package menu
7. Browse to find the extracted firmware folder and select the .bin file contained in that folder
Click Yes to Upload and Restart the device to change the Firmware:
8. The firmware is being uploaded via web browser and afterwards applied. This may take several minutes. Please do not close the web browser or physically disconnect the unit.
Apply new Firmware:
9. To check if the device is finished with upgrading, you can ping the device constantly with ping “device’s IP” –t in a
as example ping 192.168.1.1.-t
10. If you are not able to reach the site or if you find that some configuration points seem corrupted/missing, please clear your browser cookies and cache, or use a private/incognito browsing window
11. Once the Firmware Update has been passed, you should be able to login to the device again and check the new Firmware Status in the Dashboard:
You have now updated successfully your firewall.
If you have older versions of the USG:
Version 4.25 - first upgrade to 4.32
Version 4.32 - first upgrade to 4.33
Version 4.33 -> first upgrade to 4.35
Version 4.35 -> upgrade to 4.60
Please check as well the KB article when you need to update from an older Version: