When configuring L2TP VPN, often you would like to pass the VPN clients traffic through the USG. This tutorial will show you how to do so in no-time!
1. Access your device by entering its IP address in the browser address line and login by using the device’s credential
2. Have an already working L2TP VPN connection set up [Video L2TP VPN Tutorial]
3. Navigate to Configuration > Network > Routing > Policy Route
4. Add a new route, which has Destination set to L2TP_POOL and Next Hop as L2TP-Tunnel
5. Add a new route, where Incoming is the L2TP-Tunnel, the source is the L2TP_POOL and Next Hop is WAN1 with SNAT as outgoing-interface
You can now test if the traffic from L2TP to WAN is being accepted and forwarded.
If you also want to see this on the USG, you can set up Policy Rules for the direction and activate logging. You should then be able to see the traffic being forwarded.