When trying to create a backup job, you might get striked by all the configuration possibilities our NAS offers. This tutorial help clearing up the mist in no-time and help you setting up a proper backup job!
- Login to the web interface of destination-NAS with admin account.
- Go to: Control Panel, Privilege & Sharing, Shared Folders, +.
- Give the folder a name you like (backup) and click next, click on the Read/Write tick-box, and again click on next followed by apply.
- Login to the web interface of Main-NAS with admin account.
- Open Backup Planner and click on the +.
- Give you backup job a name and description and go for the Mirror option followed by Next.
- Choose the Source folder you want to backup followed by Next.
- Choose the Remote option, fill in the destination-NAS IP-address and the admin credentials and click on the Show Target Content button.
- Select the folder created in step 3 and hit Next.
- Configure the schedule as you wish, click on Next and finally hit Apply.
- Select the newly created Backup-job and click on the Play button.