When trying to create a backup job, you might get overwhelmed by all the configuration possibilities our NAS offers. This tutorial help to clear up the mist in no-time and help you set up a proper backup job!
- Login to the web interface of the destination-NAS with the admin account.
- Go to Control Panel > Privilege & Sharing > Shared Folders, +.
- Give the folder a fitting name ( e.g. backup) and click Next. Click on the Read/Write tick-box so that all users have Read/Write privileges. Click on Next followed by apply.
- Login to the web interface of Main-NAS with admin account.
- Open Backup Planner and click on the +.
- Give your backup job a fitting name and description and go for the Mirror option followed by Next.
- Choose the Source folder you want to backup followed by Next.
- Choose the Remote option, fill in the destination-NAS IP-address and the admin credentials and click on the Show Target Content button.
- Select the folder created in step 3 and hit Next.
- Configure the schedule as you wish, click on Next and finally hit Apply.
- Select the newly created Backup-job and click on the Play button.