This tutorial will help you to repeat your SSID without the easy mode configuration wizard!
- Please make sure the switch on the device is set to "R" (Repeater Mode) - Please refer to the manual for further information.
- Connect your PC/laptop to the SSID mentioned on the sticker at the bottom of the unit and enter the respective SSID password (WPA2-PSK)
- When connecting to the Wifi, you should be redirected to the login page (if not, try connecting to http://zyxelsetup or http://192.168.1.2)
- Access the device by using the default credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: 1234
- Skip the "eaZy 123" -setup, as we want to set it up without the wizard
- Navigate to Configuration > Network > Wireless LAN 2.4 (or 5GHz) > AP Select
- Select the SSID you want to repeat and press on continue
- Enter the password for the SSID you want to repeat
- If wanted, you can now change the extender's SSID and password
- The device should now configure itself, and you should be able to connect to it
Please sign in to leave a comment.