This tutorial showcases how to set up SSID with Captive portal function on the nebula control center.
- Log in to your Nebula Control Center
- Select your organization
- Make sure that your AP(s) is/are online
Create an SSID:
On the top menu click on AP and navigate to
AP > Configure > SSIDs
- If you do not see any SSIDs click on "Show all"
- Set up an SSID and enable it
- Click on Save when you are finished.
Enable Captive Portal:
AP > Configure > Authentication
- Select the SSID you want to have the captive portal enabled on
- In "Network access" section select Sign-on with "Nebula cloud authentication"
- (If you use an external authentication source please select this here as well)
- Stay in this section to get to the next step...
Configure Captive Portal:
Captive portal access attribute
- Here you can define your style of user database management of either users being able to create own accounts or if they need to use previously created credentials.
NCAS disconnection behavior
- This section lets you make a decision whether or not clients are allowed to log in if the Nebula Cloud Authentication remains unreachable
Layer 2 Isolation
- With this you can interrupt communication between all devices of a network via their MAC-Addresses. This requires adding the gateway as an exception in order to allow clients to communicate with the gateway
Intra-BSS traffic blocking
- Blocks communication of clients within the same BSS
Captive Portal Cosmetic Customization
AP > Configure > Captive Portal
- Make sure that you've selected the correct SSID
- Scroll down and you can select different themes as well as customized graphics and messages within captive portal.
- You can always redirect the captive portal to an external captive portal URL.
If you now check the available WiFi's on your PC or mobile device you will be prompted for authentication from captive portal when you connect to your WiFi