Since version 4.25, we provide a centralized firmware download from the myzyxel.com server. Here is a small tutorial on how to update your device without running into troubles!
Before starting to Upgrade the USG via cloud-services, you need to check if:
- Your device needs to be registered on myzyxel.com portal 2.0
- Your device needs to be on firmware version 4.20
You can find all firmware releases on our FTP -> ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/
- Log in to the unit by entering its IP address and the credentials for an admin account (by default, username is “admin”, password is “1234”)
- If needed, register your device with the help of this other KB-article: How to register your device
- Navigate to Maintenance > Firmware Management and click on the cloud-symbol located right from the current firmware version
- A window should pop up, asking for confirmation. Click here on the "Upgrade Now" button
After 5-10 minutes the upgrade should be done. Refresh your browser or use a incognito browser and login again. You can now see that the firmware upgrade has been successful.