This tutorial will guide you through a basic CAPWAP Access-Point-controller configuration:
- On the device, open the web-interface and login with your credentials.
- Navigate to Configuration> Wireless> AP Management> Firmware, click on the check button followed by the “Apply”-Button.
- Then go to Configuration> Object> AP Profile> SSID> Security List and click the “Add”-button.
- Name your profile, choose your Security Mode and at the end, enter the Pre-Shared-Key to be used to secure your WIFI network.
- Go to the “SSID List” - Tab and click the “Add”-button.
- Name your profile and after that, give your network a SSID name (network name that will be visible)
- Select the Security Profile we made in step 4 and apply in order to create the SSID.
- Click on the Radio tab, and if needed you can change the channel width or selection.
- Go to Configuration> Wireless> AP Management> AP Group and click the add button.
- Name your group, select the Radio Profile from step 8, select the SSID profile to be broadcasted on Radio (2,4Ghz) 1 and Radio 2 (5Ghz).
- Change the Default group name to the name you created in step 10.