There are many users who want to know how to configure WDS in our NWA3160-N.
Currently, NWA3160N only supports “MBSSID” and “AP+Bridge” modes. If user selects the “AP+Bridge” mode, the NWA3160N can act as an access point and bridge at the same time. However, these two features allow very flexible implementations. If users only want to implement the bridge feature to meet their networking design, they can choose to only enable WDS and hide the SSID. .
In default configuration, the following steps can show you how to enable the WDS and hide the SSID.
1. On both NWA3160N, please set the operating mode to AP+Bridge in the default Radio profile.
2. After selecting AP+Bridge mode, user can select Band, Channel and SSID profile. Please make sure both devices use the same Radio configuration.
3. In the bottom of the page, you can configure the WDS feature. There are 3 security options: no security, TKIP and AES; these can be selected to enhance data transmission security in the WDS connection. Then fill in the MAC of the target AP and the shared password. Users can create up to 5 WDS connections in one device.
4. After configuring WDS on both NWA3160Ns, user can refer to the WDS status on the DASHBOARD. Connected in the status field means the WDS link has been established successfully.
5. In AP profile, check the Hidden SSID to prevent STA from scanning the SSID of NWA3160N. Then the AP can act in bridge mode only.
Try to ping the remote NWA3160N to check the WDS connection status.