The user would like to access the switch using an IPv6 address with management VLAN 100.
SETUP/STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE:
1. Access the GS1900 via web GUI.
2. Create VLAN 100.
3. Enable the DHCPv6 Client if you have an DHCPv6 server. But for Management purposes, we suggest to configure static IPv6 address. Disable the Auto Configuration then input the IPv6 address and IPv6 gateway. Click "Apply" to save the configuration.
Configuration > System > IP > IPv6
4. IPv4/6 management VLAN settings is located in the same place. After chaniging to VLAN 100 both IPv4 & IPv6 will be on management VLAN 100. Click "Apply" to save the configuration.
Configuration > System > IP
1. Check if the PC IPv6 NIC card is enabled and has an IPv6 address.
2. Connect the PC on the port which is a member of VLAN100.
3. Open a browser and input the IPv6 address [2001:1:1::1] then enter.
4. You will be able to connect and manage the switch.