This article will give you a complete understanding of the RMA procedure, with an overview of some unusual situations and frequently asked questions. If you discover a defective/faulty product and wish to process a replacement product, please begin the Return merchandise authorization [RMA] process.
In this article, we will look at how to start the RMA process. How to do a basic check of the device before issuing a return. How to check the warranty of the device. This article will also answer the question in what cases it is possible to get a refund for your device instead of a replacement. What to do if the device arrived damaged or has incorrect packaging, e.g. a different power cord.
Double-checking - how to make sure it's really RMA
Before you start RMA, try the following steps and find out Video Quick Diagnosis Tips:
Warranty - how to check the warranty of your device
- Login to support.zyxel.eu (If you don't have an account, please create it by looking at this article)
- When you successfully logged in, please click on the big "Warranty" button
Insert the Serial Number & click on "Check"
- If the device in question is still under warranty, use the "Start RMA Process" button
Note: If you have a device that shows after the warranty check that it has no warranty anymore and you can prove that you purchased the device within the last two years, You can still take advantage of the RMA process by providing a copy of the invoice to us within the RMA Form
RMA Process - how to start the device replacement process
Before sending us your request, make sure you get the correct serial number of the device. You can find this information most likely on labels stuck to the device. If you provide us with the wrong serial number, we will help you find the correct number. The form also requires the requestor's contact details and the possible alternative return address, if the device shall be sent to another customer
- Click on the "Start RMA Process" and you should come to the RMA form
- Fill out the RMA request form
Note: The example shows part of the form, in reality, the form is larger
- Here you can check the time of warranty for our devices:
- We handle our RMA Service in three different Service: Basic, Normal and Professional.
In case you have more than one device to claim, please separate the serial numbers and error descriptions by a comma. You can also use the attached excel file to list down the serial numbers in column A-C, Lines 2-199 and your details in Line 2, columns D-K, alternative address column M-S.