This step-by-step guide will show you, how to set the VMG8564 Home Router into a modem device. Please note: this configuration will disable all firewall, wireless and DHCP functions of the device and you need another network device (ex. firewall or gaming router) to take over this functions. Make sure your home network stays protected against attacks from out the internet.
1. Log in to your VMG8546 with your admin account
2. In the top of the page click on “View” to change to the expert-modus
You should see a page like this
3. Disable the WLAN (WiFi) by navigating to WLAN -> 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and click “Save” at the bottom of the page
4. Disable the DHCP-Server in the menu Network -> LAN -> Settings and click “Save”
5. Disable the firewall. This can be done at Security -> Firewall -> Settings for IPv6 and if available, for IPv4 as well. Click “Save”
6. Go to System -> Operation Modus and click on “Modem Mode”
7. Your VMG8564 will now switch into the modem–mode. After finishing that you should reboot your device.