Sometimes, when connecting the SSL VPN client SecuExtender, right after connecting, it disconnects. The log indicates the following:
- USER XYZ has logged in to ZyWall
- USER XYZ has logged in to SSLVPN
- USER XYZ has logged out of ZyWall
If this happens, eventually check the password - in some cases, especially on older USG devices, when using special characters such as "!" , "?" characters etc. in the password, this issue occurs. Using a simpler password without special characters might solve the issue.
Alternatively, check your driver settings according to this little guide:
The most current SecuExtender version is 184.108.40.206. If you’re not using this version, please update it first (SecuExtender_Windows220.127.116.11)
Before installing the latest SecuExtender, you should update your windows to the latest patches, then install the SecuExtender software afterwards and try the SSL VPN connection again.
If the SSL VPN is still not working, follow the steps below and share the screenshot for us to check further.
1. Go to device manager> Network adapters then check if the SecuExtender is working or not (TAP-Windows Adapter V9 for Zyxel SecuExtender)
2. Go to Control panel> Programs. Then see if the “Visual C++ 2015” is installed or not.