The Zyxel Nebula Security Gateway (NSG) Series, designed as SMB units, offers an integrated captive portal. This tutorial will show you how to configure it in no-time!
- Log in to nebula.zyxel.com
- Choose the respective organization and site that needs Captive Portal configuration
- Navigate to Gateway > Configure > Network access method, choose the LAN interface at which the clients should authenticate and the “Sign-on with: Nebula Cloud Authentication” method
- Enable “Walled Garden” to add addresses that clients can access without authenticating via Captive Portal
- Under Captive portal access attributes you can choose if the clients are allowed to create accounts and if they can login with one account from multiple devices
- Under “NCAS disconnection behavior” you can define which clients are blocked when the Nebula Cloud Server is not accessable and click “Save”
- Navigate to Organization > Cloud Authentication to create an user account with the “Account Type: Guest” by clicking “Add”
- After filling the credentials for the user, set “Authorized” to Yes and click “Create User”
- Click ”Save” in the Cloud Authenticaton screen once again
Please note: Navigate to Gateway > Configure > Walled Garden to add add general Walled Garden addresses which are not only applying to a specific authentication method.
Under Gateway > Configure > Captive Portal you can upload a logo and add texts to personalize your Captive Portal.
The account type “User” would need an Active Directory / RADUIS server.