Since Windows 10, SMBv1 is disabled for security reasons. Because of this, you may not be able to access the shares of the NAS. However, there is a way to reactivate SMBv1. Please note that this can cause a potential security vulnerability.
ZYXEL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED!
In this tutorial, you will learn how to enable SMBv1 on Windows 10 to connect to your Zyxel NAS via Explorer.
- Look for "System Control" in the Windows Start menu
- Click Programs > Programs and Features
- On the left side, click Turn Windows features on or off
- The list now includes SMB 1.0 / CIFS file sharing Support. Tick the box and click OK.
- The feature is now installed. Please restart your PC afterwards.
- You should now be able to reach the shares again.