This is a small lab, demonstrating directly on devices, how a security device (USG/ ZyWall, ATP, VPN) can be used as an AP-Controller.
1. Starting first of all with the configuration of the AP controller.
See here the useful articles which are referring to the related topic:
- USG Series - Getting Forward Compatible APs Managed by USG
- How to set up DHCP Options(Example with DHCP Option 138 - CAPWAP)
- How to configure VLAN on USG device
2. Find here useful articles about the configuration about VLAN and switch:
3. Find here useful articles about the AP:
- Set static IP address to the managed AP
- Access Point: IDLE states
- Switching your Access points from managed mode back to standalone
4. You can find the link to the devices right under the picture of the topology. There are also other useful articles for more information about the technologies and related topics:
|AP Controller (ATP800)||
|VLAN Switch (XGS1930)||demo||demouser|
|WiFi-AP||not applicable (AP is controlled by ATP)||not applicable (AP is controlled by ATP)|
Please also have a look into these articles for more info on CAPWAP, AP Management, Vlan, and related topics:
- Virtual Lab - NXC Professional WiFi Solution
- Separate VLANs on a ZyWALL/USG
Please sign in to leave a comment.