Sometimes, it might be helpful to be able to access your NSG from the outside via SSH-terminal software. This can be helpful, if you want to check some specific settings, or if you want to make sure that settings set in the Nebula Control Center (NCC) are correctly implemented into the unit.
Please note: We do not recommend to execute any configurational commands onto your Nebula devices! We also cannot support cases, in which this has happened!
However, for debugging purposes, this can be extremely helpful
- Allow the device to respond to HTTPS & SSH service from WAN-Side (in this case, we select "any).
- You can find this Menu via
Gateway > Configure > Firewall > Web services
- Then access the NSG via its public IP address via WAN:
- Navigate to the respective Menu and activate "Allow WAN to Device" and add the source IP-addresses you want to allow to access via SSH:
Configuration > SSH
- You now should be able to access your NSG via SSH - Congratulations!