This step by step guide shows how to backup Aurora videos to a NAS. When the Aurora camera is constantly recording videos, the internal storage of it might not be enough to keep all videos for all times available. Another option to backup the videos is to have them stored in a remote location for redundancy and better availability.
1. Accessing the NAS
Login to your NAS's web interface with the setup password for any admin user. If this has not been done yet, we recommend having a look at this article.
2. Installing the AuroraSyncBackup app
Navigate to App Center > Browse > All Apps and click the refresh button so you can find the install of the "AuroraSyncBackup" app afterward
3. Pairing the NAS with the myZyxelCloud
1. Go to the App "myZyxelcloud" and click on the "Get Started" Button.
2. Login with the same myZyxelCloud account, where the Aurora camera is used.
3. Click on the pairing button, which shows a NAS connecting to a cloud.
4. Click on "Confirm"
5. Now press the physical sync button located on the front of the NAS shortly and don't hold it for longer than one second
4. Enable the backup feature
Navigate to the AuroraSyncBackup and press the "Backup" button on the camera you want to use the feature
5. Verification via ZyxelDrive App
When logging in to the ZyxelDrive App on the Smartphone, navigate to [your NAS] > admin > Aurora > [your camera]. Here the Backups are ordered with the date they have been created.