This tutorial will showcase you in very easy steps how to log your SSH/TELNET Output in a textfile, guided by screenshots. This guide also helps you to create long-term debugging on Zyxel-Firewalls.
- Open PuTTY and adjust the logging settings to get an output of our entered commands:
- Initiate the session to the Host IP:
- Enter your respective commands, enter the following command for high profile debug logs:
debug kernel console-level 8
- Leave the session open until you have logged the respective traffic (in this example, we unfortunately had no issues happening, therefore no log is created)
- After the debug logs are generated during the issue you want to investigate, close the PuTTY-session:
- Now you can access the text-file, which you have created and it will show you all entered commands and results: