Please find below the release notes for the v9.2 Update of our Nebula cloud-platform, the Nebula-Control-Center!
Common NCC (Organization, Site-wide …etc.) enhancement:
- Nebula Cloud Authentication Server now support DPPSK account type to create single or batch personal pre-shared key and send to applicant by email for wireless secure connection. (Pro-Pack feature)
- Integrate with Zyxel Web Store to buy NCC/NSS points online.
- Supports on-line chat to reach Zyxel supporting team timely. (Pro-Pack feature)
Wireless LAN (WLAN) enhancements:
- Support new AP models. Added two new 802.11ax APs (WAX610D, NWA210AX) to Nebula. WAX610D is NebulaFlex Pro AP that comes with 3 management modes, standalone, controller managed and Nebula cloud managed modes. It also has 1 year NCC Professional Pack license bundled. The NWA210AX is a NebulaFlex AP that supports standalone and Nebula cloud managed mode.
- Support DPPSK (Dynamic Personal Pre-Shared Key) that provides personal unique key to enhance wireless security. (Pro-Pack feature)
- Support NAT (Network Address Translation) mode that allows AP to directly offer clients the IP addresses to ease the IP management and enhance the network security from the NAT nature. This also provides the easiest way to separate guest network from the other networks.
- Support traffic log within NAT mode to track the clients’ activity for audit purpose. (Pro-Pack feature)
- Added Wireless Bridge support, to provide wireless connectivity for two network segments that has cabling difficulty eg. two buildings across the road. (Pro-Pack feature)
- Support Smart Mesh on 802.11ax models.
- 802.11ac AP models now support wireless health. (Pro-Pack feature)
- In Wireless health, adaptive channel width of auto optimization action is enhanced to combine channel width adjustment with DCS. (Pro-Pack feature)
- Support 160MHz channel width on 4x4 802.11ax models.
- Support new Switch series: the GS2220 series and GS1350 series. Both series are NebulaFlex Pro switch with 1 year NCC Professional Pack license bundled.
- *Support Surveillance features (Pro-Pack feature) for GS1350, featuring:
i. Specialized monitor page for Surveillance
ii. Auto PD recovery to recover malfunctioned device automatically
- iii. Extended range for cable length up to 250 meters for IP-CAM installation
- *Support Auto PD recovery for GS2220 series. (Pro-Pack feature, to be released in Aug.)
- *Voice VLAN now support assigning VLAN to IP-phones by LLDP-MED protocol. (currently GS1350 series only as having new firmware now)
- Switch client page can now display client’s IP address from LLDP information.
* New features will be able to configure in NCC with new firmware only
** Friendly reminder: To allow the GS1350 series to be manageable on Nebula, you must enable NCC discovery in the local web GUI and register the device into Nebula. If the switch is under V4.60 firmware, after successful registration and connection it will automatically firmware upgrade to the latest version and synchronize with Nebula settings.
Security Gateway enhancements:
- Support sending L2TP over IPSec client configuration script via e-mail to make setting user's mobile device or PC easier.