Sometime's you will see some log entry's that are not that obvious to understand in NCC.
Here I would like to share some examples and the meaning of them in the end.
- Station: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx has blocked by Hostapd3 and has blocked by prev-Auth Failed
The log 'Hostapd3 + prev-Auth Failed' means the WPA2 authentication is not successful. It might be caused by an incorrect password or packet loss during the authentication process. Please check the key in the password or if there's any high retry-rate information in the logs.
- PN check failed
PN check failed event log stands for environment interference issue. This mostly when you are using Smart Mesh. Frequently followed by logs like the one's below
- Repeater AP disconnected caused by Beacon Miss
- Repeater uplink disconnected
This is a sign that interference is affecting the channels who are selected by the radio. To recover from this situation, you could try:
- Manually change to other channel or use DCS to choose the channel that has least interference.
Monitor for some days, if the situation is not getting better then:
- Change the channel width from 80MHz to lower(40 or 20MHz).