In this article, we will take a closer look at how to "convert" a "regular" LAN Interface or the OPT Interface to a WAN Interface.
This Article has two Setup Steps:
1) Choosing the Interface
To add a WAN Interface, go to:
Configuration > Network > Interface > Ethernet
- Choose the Interface, that You want to “convert” to a WAN Interface
- Click on “Edit”
2) "Converting" the Interface
- Set the Interface Type to “external”
- Give it a name under “Interface Name” (e.g. wan2)
- Switch the Zone to “WAN”
- If Your WAN IP Assignment is Dynamic, set “IP Assignment” to Dynamic.
- If You plan to use PPPoE set it to “Static” and give it the following Parameters:
- IP Address: 0.0.0.0
- Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
You have now created an additional WAN Interface successfully on Your Device.