SSID Name Scripting allows setting a unique SSID for each AP.
The main benefit is here that you can surpass the limit of 8 SSIDs on a Nebula site.
This feature was implemented to allow, for example, schools or hotels to have a unique SSID for each room.
This feature is named programmable SSID on Nebula and is part of the Nebula Pro.
This programmable SSID provides an option that allows users to set all site-wide APs automatically with:
- Unique SSID names
- Unique passwords
- Solution for per-room SSID deployment
Information about command parameters for the SSID
- $AP(n) – SSID name contains first “n” characters of the AP device name
- $AP(-n) – SSID name contains last “n” characters of the AP device name
- $MAC(n) – SSID name contains first “n” characters of the AP MAC address
- $SN(n) – SSID name contains first “n” characters of the AP serial number
- the SSID name can be configured with a mix of command parameters
- Users can append fixed characters in the SSID name
Information about command parameters for the PSK
- $GENMIX(n) – SSID PSK contains “n” lower-case letters and numbers in total
- $GENNUM (n) – SSID PSK contains “n” numbers in total
- Password command must have 8 or more characters
- Programmable SSID only supports SSID using WPA2-Personal
- All APs follow site-wide password if the field is empty
Extra characters are ignored if "n" is more than the characters in the name, MAC address, serial number.
"n" refers to a number.
1. Adding the first three characters of the AP name to the SSID name, beginning with "Wi-Fi ".
2. Adding the first six characters of the MAC to the SSID name beginning with "WiFi-".
3. Adding the last four characters of the serial number to the SSID name, beginning with "WiFi-".
4. This example shows a combination of the AP name ($AP(-3) -> last three characters of the AP name) and serial number ($SN(-2) -> last two characters of the MAC).
5. Generating a random password containing lower case letters and numbers.
1. You can use the export function to get a list of all generated names and PSKs.
2. It's easily possible to re-generate an existing PSK with the "Change PSK"-Feature.
3. What happens when Nebula Pro expires?
- Programmable SSID will be disabled and greyed-out
- Programmable SSID command parameters are kept
- SSID follows settings on the SSID settings page
4. What happens when I renew Nebula Pro?
- enable Programmable SSID again
- allow users to configure programmable SSID
Back to our Nebula Phase 11 Overview.