This guide will show you how you can easiely troubleshoot your LTE4506
Table of Content
Still cannot login - check this guide:
A) LED lights
The LED lights are a good way to see what type of problem you have.
|The power signal and quiality of the mobile network to which the LTE4506 is connecting|
|Red||Flashing||the power is on but there is no LTE/3G signal received|
|Solid||Weak signal quality|
|Orange||Solid||Medium signal quality|
|Green||Solid||good signal quality|
|The internet connection status and SMS status|
||Solid||Internet access is available and there is no new SMS|
|Flashing||Internet access is available and there is a new SMS|
|Flashing||Internet access is not available and there is a new SMS|
|Off||Internet access is not available and there is no new SMS|
||The WiFi/WPS Status|
|Green||Solid||WiFi is on|
|Flashing||Data is being transmitted and received|
|Flashing||WPS is on|
B) Reset the device
First of all, try to reset the device by holding the reset button for 20 seconds and then wait for it to reboot and get the factory default settings
C) Update the firmware of the device
Firmware upgrading to the latest version could help with your issue because it's not running the latest modifications to the software of the device.
1) Go to this website to download the latest firmware https://www.zyxel.com/support/DownloadLandingSR.shtml?c=gb&l=en&kb=M-02507&md=LTE4506-M606
2) Extract the zipped file you have downloaded with the built in extractor of your operative system (or Winzip, 7-zip)
1) Login to the Web GUI of the LTE4506 using this guide: Accessing your router via Web GUI
2) Go to System -> Firmware upgrade and then click on Browse... and choose the .bin file you have extracted.
3) Let the firmware be updated, this can take up to 3 minutes (DO NOT TURN OFF THE DEVICE).
D) Change WiFi Password
Login to the device -> go into WiFi -> Wi-Fi Settings and change the Encryption Key to change your WiFi Key.
E) Slow internet
If you're experiencing slow internet you can do a couple of tricks to get it faster again
1) Make sure you have the all the LTE bands selected by login to the router using this guide: Accessing your router via Web GUI
2) Set the DNS to 184.108.40.206 and Secondary DNS to 220.127.116.11
3) Insert the SIM card into your phone and see if you get the same speed
F) Asking for PIN every reboot
If you are experiencing that you have to insert your PIN code to the SIM-card every time you login, you can disable PIN protection under Internet -> PIN Settings
If you still cannot find your answer here. Please check our user guide here: