We are recently receiving more requests on the NR7101 in regard to one of the following subjects:
- Forum entries, which claim the NR7101 especially in Germany does not support 5G NSA, but only LTE frequency bands
- Connectivity issues on reboot of the units
- General inquiries on where to find the latest firmware version
Since we still want to offer this firmware to our customers, we want to provide it within this article.
However, please make sure that you mandatorily read the PDF linked below, which explains the upgrade process, in order to avoid any issues upfront.
Here are the links to the update files:
Please make sure that you:
- Upgrade the firmware to 1.00(ABUV.2)b5_2021022
- Power down the device and remove the SIM card
- Power the device again
- Upgrade the cellular module to RG502QEAAAR01A04-R11A03 following the above-linked PDF
- Set up your unit again with the configurations previously applied
- Upgrade the firmware to V1.00(ABUV.2)C0
Please note that the router changes from router mode to pass-through mode after the upgrade and you may encounter an error claiming an "illegal image" is to be updated. The workaround is to remove the SIM card before you start the upgrade of the cellular module: