Firmware Upgrade for a Stacking System
The running firmware images of all switches in the Stacking System should be the same firmware version.
- The same firmware version for all Slots
- Upgrade Master via FTP/TFTP/Console => Apply to all Slots
- Upgrade firmware for each/all Slots via web GUI => Centralized by Master
- DO NOT downgrade the firmware to of any slot to one that does not support Stacking
If there is one switch with a different firmware version, the Master will not initialize that Slot and that Slot will become a new Stacking System.
Users can upgrade dual images to all member switches through the Master.
Besides, upgrading the firmware image in the Master via FTP/TFTP/Console will apply to all members in the Stacking System.
Enter the web GUI of the Master
Go to Management > Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade
Users can select a specific Slot or all Slots to upgrade the firmware image.
It takes 3 minutes for the system to program the firmware
- System finishes upgrading the firmware
Users can enter the command
show stacking slot <ID>
via CLI to check if flash 1 has been upgraded with the current firmware version as displayed.
Reload config 1/config 2 via web GUI to reboot the Stacking System and run new Firmware.
Please sign in to leave a comment.