In this article, we will describe how to get started with the support portal. How to create a ticket, how to find a previously created ticket. Ticket statuses and why a ticket is in the "Resolved" status, although the problem has not been solved yet?
The Zyxel Support team is centrally managed from Germany but has various members in other countries across Europe to provide support in your local language.
For this reason, you can receive technical support calls from +49 2405 8043000.
Note: It is important to note that by creating a MyZyxel Account you will have access to all Zyxel resources, not just the support portal (MyZyxel.com, support.zyxel.com, nebula.zyxel.com, etc.). So if you have previously registered on MyZyxel.com, it means that you can use this account for support.zyxel.com as well.
The Zyxel Support Portal is compatible with browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. Outdated or unsupported browsers might lead to access issues or improper functionality. If you face problems, consider updating your browser or using a different one temporarily. Clearing your browser cache and restarting the app could also resolve some portal-related problems.
Creating an account
Some of our articles require you to log in, so to get the most out of the Support Portal, you need to log in to find all the articles that were created. To create an account, follow these easy steps:
- Go to support.zyxel.eu
- Click on sign in button
If you don't have a MyZyxel account. To create a new one, please click "Create account" and in the new window that opens, fill in all the required information and click on the button "Create Account"
- A verification code will be sent to your email, if you don’t get it, please check your spam folder or search for email@example.com.
- Registration is complete. The last step is to sign in on the same page where you first created your account
Create a support request
- If you have a problem with your device, you can go to “Contact us” and then click on Submit request.
- The next step is to select the “Technical Support Request” form and fill in the form:
Note! You need to have the serial number of the device to send us a request.
Zyxel Devices - Finding the Model Name and Serial Number
- After that is done, we will get back to you normally within 24 hours.
How can I find my tickets in the Zyxel Support Portal?
You can track and access your support requests by clicking your profile icon in our Support Service Center on the upper-right side of any Help Center page, and then click "My activities"
Reply to ticket
- You can find all your support requests under “My Account” > My Activities:
- When you got a response from our support engineers, you can reply to the ticket by scrolling down on the page and clicking “add to the conversation”
Note! You will also get an email when you have a response, so you don’t have to check manually all the time.
All tickets have a certain status depending on the step the ticket is on, let's consider the most common ones.
- New indicates that no action has been taken on the ticket. Once a New ticket's status has been changed, it can never be set back to New.
- Open indicates a ticket has been assigned to an agent and is in progress. It is waiting for action by the agent. You can view all open tickets using the Open tickets view.
- Pending indicates the agent is waiting for more information from the requester. You can view all pending tickets using the Pending tickets view. When the requester responds and a new comment is added, the ticket status is automatically reset to Open.
- On-hold indicates the agent is waiting for information or action from someone other than the requester.
- Solved indicates the agent has submitted a solution.
Resolved - this status means that the problem is solved, and the ticket is closed. The "Solved" status can be set manually by both the ticket initiator and the technical support agent if the problem is solved. Also, in some cases, the "Solved" status can be set automatically by the system:
- If for a long time, there are no actions from the initiator's side, and the request is in the waiting status.
- Our Support Tool can automatically change your ticket case to "Solved" if you select an article! After submitting a support inquiry via the Support widget, the Bot will provide you with some relevant articles. If you select an article from the list, the bot then asks if it answered your question. If you select "Yes", close my request', this will automatically mark your support ticket as Solved, and it will never arrive in our support team's inbox.
If the ticket was marked as solved by accident or your problem is still not solved, send a follow-up response on the same email thread so the ticket will reopen, and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Browsers - Zyxel Support Portal supports the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. Older browser versions, or browsers not included in this list, may prevent you from accessing or cause certain features to not function correctly
- If you encounter a problem when working with the portal, check if your browser requires an update. As a temporary solution, use a different browser (the latest version)
- Clear your browser cache and restart the app, this may help if you are having some issues when using the portal.