Wireless Health is a new feature implemented since firmware 5.20 and should optimize your WiFi by doing the following:
- Changing channel bandwidth from 80 MHz to 20 MHz to reduce radio interference from other WiFi devices
- Select a radio channel with the least interference (DCS = Dynamic Channel Selection)
- Steer clients to an AP with a stronger signal
Wireless Health determines the health of an AP based on the number of times an AP has to resend a packet to the client until it had been received successfully.. The more often a transmission fails, the worse is the health state of this AP.
Now let´s have a look at the configuration options which you can find under Configuration > Wireless > Wireless Health:
2.4GHz/5GHz Radio Auto Optimization
- Select this to have the AP change the channel bandwidth from 80MHz to 20 MHz to reduce
the radio interference with other APS. If the AP wireless performance has not improved, the
Zyxel Device will have the AP scan and choose a radio channel that has the least interference.
Client Auto Optimization
- Select this to have the AP try to steer the wireless clients in poor health to an AP or SSID with a
strong signal every 30 minutes.
High, Standard and Low stand for different traffic rate threshold levels. The level you select here decides when the Zyxel Device takes action to improve the AP's wireless network performance. The Zyxel Device will postpone the actions implemented on APs until your network is less busy if the threshold is exceeded.
Select a suitable traffic rate threshold level for your network.
- High: Select this if you want the Zyxel Device to postpone the action set when the AP network
traffic is heavy.
- Standard: Select this if you want the Zyxel Device to postpone the action set when the AP
network traffic is medium.
- Low: Select this if you want the Zyxel Device to postpone the action set when the AP network
traffic is low.
You can check the status of your WiFi via Monitor >Wireless Health
In the above example, you see that the AP in blue color had one alert.
At the time of writing these APs are supported: