The following issue could happen in Device HA scenarios if you have tried to upgrade the Firmware by Cloud (Online Installation). The manual .bin file upgrade is not affected.
The devices on firmware 5.20-5.21 will show an endless "Device HA Pro Firmware Upload is in progress" bar, but the firmware will not transmit to the device, or the device will not go into a reboot.
These are the steps to fix the issue without rebooting the device or rebuilding the HA cluster:
1) FTP to active device and upload V5.21 P1 firmware into folder /firmware1 or /firmware2. It depends on the customer's current running partition is on which one.
You can check it in File Manager if "RUNNING" is on Slot 1 = Firmware1 or Slot 2 = Firmware2
2) Active push firmware again to standby device and update V5.21P1 again. (Network service is still on the active device at this moment) - It will not interrupt!
3) Once standby device firmware is updated to V5.21P1 and boots up successfully. Then the original active device proceeds to perform firmware update automatically. It will take over network service.
4) After the active device firmware update is completed, we can check if the device HA synced successfully by CLI Router> show device-ha2 sync status.
Router> show device-ha2 sync status
5) After completing the action above, both device firmware is V5.21P1, and device HA auto-sync successfully.
If you follow the steps, the device stays active, the network service will always be there, and you just manually reinitialize the Firmware process again. Device HA Sync has succeeded from 192.168.99.254 at 2022-03-18 14:33:46.
If you have further questions, feel free to be in touch with our Support Team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.