Wi-Fi EasyMesh is a certification program that defines multiple access point home and small office Wi-Fi networks that are easy to install and use, self-adapting, and add multi-vendor interoperability. This technology gives consumers and service providers additional flexibility in choosing Wi-Fi EasyMesh devices for home deployment.
Wi-Fi EasyMesh uses a controller to manage the network, which consists of the controller plus additional APs, called agents. Establishing controllers to manage and coordinate activity among the agents ensures that each AP does not interfere with the other, bringing both expanded, uniform coverage and more efficient service.
Zyxel has its own implementation called Zyxel MPro Mesh®
The Solutions comprise a gateway, extenders, and app.
Fully compliant with EasyMesh standards, the MPro Mesh® Solutions greatly facilitates your strategic deployment plans for versatile service scenarios.
Standards-compliant devices provide the following:
- Easy setup with automatic device on-boarding and configuration
- Seamless roaming of clients to the best connection with a band- and client- steering
- Self-optimization of the Wi-Fi network to ensure optimum performance
User-friendly MPro Mesh® app
To help you build your self-adaptive, easy-to-manage WiFi network, the solution includes the MPro Mesh® mobile app, an intuitive tool allowing subscribers to view their home network, block Internet* access, configure WiFi, and much more.
- Set up username and password
- View all the networked devices and signal-strength
- Internet instant block*
- Add mesh device to create WiFi network
- Enable/disable guest WiFi
Not available for two extenders with 3rd party gateway scenario
Following is a List of compatible devices.
WiFi 5 products: