Sometimes, it might be necessary to block or allow internet access at specific times. In this case, a schedule for accessing the internet is needed. This tutorial will show you how to configure this setup in no time!
After following these steps you should be able to block internet access for a specific timeframe for a specific subnet:
- Log in to the unit by entering its IP address and the credentials for an admin account (by default, username is “admin”, password is “1234”)
- Navigate to Configuration > Object > Schedule and click “Add” under “Recurring”
- Type in a rule-name, choose the desired Start-/End-time and tick the desired week-days
- When you have created multiple schedule objects, you can navigate to the tab “Schedule Group” to group these schedules into one object
- Navigate to Configuration > Security Policy > Policy Control and click “Add”
- Type in a speaking name, choose the desired zone for “From”, “WAN” for “To”, a range or host object for “Source”, the desired schedule or schedule group for “Schedule” and choose “deny” for “Action"