Sometimes, it might be necessary to block or allow internet access at specific times. In this case, a schedule for accessing the internet is needed. This tutorial will show you how to configure this setup in no-time!
After following these steps you should be able to block the internet access for a specific timeframe for a specific subnet:
- Log in to the unit by entering its IP address and the credentials for an admin account (by default, username is “admin”, password is “1234”)
- Navigate to Configuration > Object > Schedule and click “Add” under “Recurring”
- Type in a rule-name, choose the desired Start-/End-time and tick the desired week-days
- When you have created multiple schedule objects, you can navigate to the tab “Schedule Group” to group these schedules into one object
- Navigate to Configuration > Security Policy > Policy Control and click “Add”
- Type in a speaking name, choose the desired zone for “From”, “WAN” for “To”, a range or host object for “Source”, the desired schedule or schedule group for “Schedule” and choose “deny” for “Action