Sometimes you will have one and the same IP address assigned to one and the same device. There are two ways to do this. In this article you will learn how to reserve IP addresses for devices.
- Login to your USG (by default 192.168.1.1 and admin/1234)
- If not already done switch to the expert mode
Option 1 (Device is connected)
- On the main screen you see the DHCP Table:
- In this list you will find all IPs your USG assigned to any device which is connected to any interface from your USG. By clicking on the "Reserve" tick box you can reserve the IP to the device's MAC-address:
- Now you have successfully reserved an IP for this device
Option 2 (Device is not connected to USG)
- Go to Configuration> Network> Interfaces> Ethernet/VLAN (depending on which network you like to configure the static IP)> Select the interface and click on "Edit"
- In the "Edit Interface" Window scroll down to the very bottom. Here you can see the static DHCP Table
- Click on "Add" and enter the IP you like, the MAC of the device and an optional description
- If the device now connects to the USG it will automatically get this IP