This tutorial will take you through the App Patrol profile configuration and what to take into consideration when creating one!
In this example we will show you how to block applications like remote desktop apps in your network using the UTM feature App Patrol:
- Log in to the unit by entering its IP address and the credentials for an admin account (by default, username is “admin”, password is “1234”)
- Navigate to Configuration > Object > Application, click “Add”, type in a speaking name and click “Add” again to choose the applications you would like to block
- Confirm the “Add Application Object” and the “Add Application Rule” screen by clicking “OK”
- Navigate to Configuration > UTM Profile > App Patrol, click “Add” to create a new profile or “Edit” to modify an existing profile, click “Add” under “Profile Management”, choose your previously created Application object, choose the action “drop” and “log alert” to see highlighted log messages for that application later on
- Confirm the “Add Application” and “Edit Rule Your_profile” by clicking “OK”
- Navigate to Configuration > Security Policy > Policy Control, click “Add”, choose “From: LAN” “To: Any”, scroll down to “UTM Profile” tick the checkbox “Application Profile” and choose the previously edited profile before clicking “OK”