When setting up sites with multiple internet connections, you might need to configure a Failover in case of one of the WAN connections dropping. This tutorial will help you setting up redundant internet connection in no time!
- Log in to the unit by entering its IP address and the credentials for an admin account (by default, username is “admin”, password is “1234”)
- Navigate to Configuration > Network > Interfaces > Trunk and check if your WAN connections are actively in usage
- Navigate to Configuration > Network > Routing and add a Policy Route
- Set up Incoming Interface to your local network (i.e. LAN1) and Interface WAN1 as Next Hop
- When pressing on "Show Advanced Setting" scroll down to "Health Check" enabling "Disable policy route automatically while Interface link down"
- Add a second Policy Route with Incoming Interface to your local network (i.e. LAN1) and Interface WAN2 as Next Hop
Now you have a successful WAN Failover setup. To test it, you can check via WAN-IP scanning websites such as "Whatsmyip.org" or similar. Then plug out WAN1 and see if the IP address changes.