This article shows which steps are needed to get a Nebula Mobile Router (LTE3301-Plus/NR5101/NR7101) Online in Nebula Control Center (NCC).
First, you have to check if you use the correct Hardware/Software Version of your Nebula Mobile Router.
- Place the device in an ideal location:
Indoor Mobile Router – near balcony or window
Outdoor Mobile Router – rooftop or near the window
- Insert SIM on slot 1
- Power-on mobile router
- Connect PC to LAN port or WLAN SSID of the mobile router for accessing the Web GUI
Accessing Mobile Router’s Web GUI
- Option 1: Connect PC to LAN1
- Option 2: Connect PC to SSID “Zyxel_XXXX” using WiFi Key
- Web GUI admin password is unique for each mobile router
- Enabling NCC Discovery causes the device to call home to NCC periodically
- Disable NCC Discovery if there are no plans to switch to cloud management mode
Enabling Ethernet WAN
- Manually enable Ethernet WAN on Indoor Mobile Router (LTE3301-Plus & NR5101) if using a wired broadband Internet.
- Connect cable on WAN port after enabling Ethernet WAN
Changing WAN IP Settings
- Only Indoor Mobile routers (LTE3301-Plus & NR5101) support WAN failover (backup)
- Enabling WAN Backup allows the administrator to select the primary WAN interface manually.
WAN Interface Behavior
- Only allows one type of WAN interface active at any given time
- If the mobile router has both Ethernet and Cellular WAN service:
Cellular IP Passthrough
- When IP Passthrough has been enabled, it allows the outdoor mobile router to act as a bridge for the downlink device to connect to Cellular Network.
Conflicting Default IP Subnet
- Check that there is no IP conflict.
- If Mobile Router and Firewall default LAN IP Subnet is both 192.168.1.0/24, change either Firewall or Mobile Router LAN subnet when Firewall uses Mobile Router as an uplink device.
Entering PIN Code
To enter the Pin Code from your SIM Card (if required)
- Place the mobile router in a location within -70 to -120 signal strength
- You can use the Zyxel Air App for device installation (Video)
Zyxel Air Application - best practice to manage your LTE devices for set up and configuration
Cloud Control Status
- Internet (success) – when NTP sync is successful
- Nebula (success) – when a connection to d.nebula.zyxel.com is successful
- Registration (success) – when the device has been added to a Nebula organization
Mobile Router in Nebula Site
- NCC only allows the assignment of one mobile router for each Nebula site
- Adding more than one Mobile Router to the site displays an error message
Adding Mobile Router to NCC
- Click add to enter the MAC address and the Serial Number to register the Mobile Router into Nebula CC and click the Button "Finish".