This document explains how to set the standard internet access device VMG series from routing into bridge mode. The bridge mode is used if you require the device to connect via xDSL to your provider and deliver a plain Ethernet connection on the port 1. No routing and firewall tasks are done by the device and the WLAN and DHCP functions are disabled. All required LAN tasks are taken by the gateway, that is connected to the VMG device, such as the firewall or WLAN backbone system.
- Open an internet browser and access the web GUI of the VMG device (default is 192.168.1.1)
- Enter your username and password, which are on default:
Password: 1234 (or labeled on the device)
- Navigate to Network Settings > Broadband Menu
- Edit the connection type you want to set into bridge mode
- Select Bridge as mode and enter a VLAN ID, if necessary
- Go to Security > Firewall and disable IPv4 and IPv6 Firewall
- After setting all up, please reboot, the device will now operate in the bridge mode
The VMG can still be accessed via it's management IP.