This document explain how to set the standard internet access device VMG series from routing into bridge mode. Bridge mode is used if you require the device to connect via xDSL to your provider and deliver a plain Ethernet connection on the port 1. No routing and firewall tasks is done by the device, same as WLAN and DHCP functions are disabled. All required LAN task are taken by the gateway that is connected to the VMG device, such as firewall or WLAN backbone system.
- Open an Internet browser and browse to the web address 192.168.1.1
- Enter your username and password, which are on default:
- Navigate to Network Settings > Broadband Menu
- Edit the connection type you want to set into bridge mode
- Select Bridge as mode and enter a VLAN ID if neccessary
- Go to Security > Firewall and disable IPv4 and IPv6 Firewall
- After setting all up, please reboot so the device works as a bridged modem